Issue with non-existing package

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 18 09:44:05 CEST 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:21:05AM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> it says CSWPerformance1
>
> this happened I think during a renaming where I changed case.. what a mess.
>
> Maybe I should just rebuild and reissue the package and see if it helps,
> after reinstalling it?

Normally when we rename packages, we change both the pkgname and the
catalogname. In your case, you want to change the pkgname only, and leave the
catalogname unchanged. I remember us talking about such partial renames in the
past, but I don't remember the details: was this kind of a rename easy, or
problematic (multi-stage).

If this is a new package, and you don't need to worry about installations of
this package, you can perhaps remove CSWPerformance1, and upload a corrected
package and everything will be fine. If it were a widely used package, the
migration path would have been longer.

Looking at the package metadata[1], I see that the pkgname is CSWPerformance1 on
top, but the pkginfo section shows "CSWperformance". I don't know from the top
of my head where this different might come from. Perhaps a partly rebuilt
package?

Our packaging documentation[2] doesn't explicitly say what is the correct case, but
I think that we generally standardize on CSWfoo (lowercase foo) and avoid CSWFoo
(capitalized Foo).

Maciej

[1] http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/419d244c756da7a9f419b8a699b3e689/
[2] https://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-maintainers/package-naming.html