[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs idle, python, python_devel, python_tk

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 16 23:57:01 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Maciej Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Requested and subsequently tested by Ken Mays.
>
> - links against CSW X11

That, I'm thinking, is a bad idea. particularly given the current
"in-flux" state of our x11 support.

Why are you even considering doing that?

(a side issue: we currently have separate "libxrender" and
"x11_renderproto" packages.

Seems to me, we might benefit from having "libxrender" be the pure
csw+sun version, and
the x11_render* be the "CSW X11" one.

Could someone step up and implement that please?
(anyone else listening on here? :)

> - fixes runpath for berkeley db: no longer uses the legacy symlink provided by
>        the CSWbdb package

that's a great thing at least.