[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs ap2_subversion, javasvn, pm_subversio(...)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 7 21:11:18 CET 2010

* Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> [Arg. gmail decided to reply to Ben only. Copying list]
>
> Its a program. Something expected to run. But it's broken, so it wont run.
> Maintainer needs to either fix it, or exclude it from the package.
>
> If more than one person out there is going to use it, it's most
> reasonable that the maintainer fix it ONE time, then multiple people
> out there have to fix it multiple times.
> If no-one's ever going to use it... then lets not put it in the package.

Out of curiosity. I sense that path issues in packages seem to have
emerged (increased?) recently, say the last couple of weeks. Was this a
change to the release manager checkpkg?

Regarding the specific issue: why would you want to press someone to sit
down, investigate, and fix every possible path occurence within various
contrib/ scripts? We are not talking about bin/ and very likely this is
not a simple sed operation. While we sure can appreciate everyone who
goes to such lengths, I can understand that this level of detail is off
the chart for some - motivational and proportionality wise. What do we
achieve then by making it a package submission showstopper?

Sebastian