[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs clamav, libclam6, libclam6_devel

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 15 01:43:59 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Dec 14 18:05:45 -0500 2010:

> But, is it really a good idea to ship anything in /var/opt?  Our
> normal standards say "no".
>
> Could you describe more about what is going on here please?

This might be an ok exception?  Those are the database signatures as
of packaging time (or roughly so, anyway).  The RHEL5 packages I
recently built provide a clamav-data and clamav-data-empty.  The first
gives you the cvd files (more stale as time goes) while the second
gives just the required directory structure.

I don't use the OpenCSW clamav packages, but the first thing an admin
would be doing after installing them is running freshclam anyway.  On
the other hand, I haven't tried starting clamav without these files
present so it may make sense in the case of auto-enabled daemons to
provide something, even if stale.[1]

Peter, what are your thoughts on the matter?

Thanks
-Ben

[1] This could likely be worked around with a postinstall script.
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS