[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Dec 21 18:08:31 CET 2010

On 12/20/10, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Dec 20 21:37:56 -0500 2010:
>
>> I think we would be better off providing some kind of
>> "opensolaris_compat" package, or set of packages.  (and probably
>> putting it in a side tree, not our usual mirror subdirs)
>
> Are you envisioning something like the CSWXfoo stuff that was
> discussed last year in the context of things like exim that would like
> to be Incompatible with the SUNWsendmail, etc?  This is obviously a
> different class than that, but do you see a separate prefix for the
> pkgname, or just a segregation on the mirrors and a separate catalog?

Just a separate catalog.

If the "uname -r" output was definitive for "OpenSolaris" vs "Solaris
Next", i would suggest just basing it on that. But we dont know
whether  "SunOS 5.11" is going to stay opensolaris, or whether it's
going to be solaris-next, and what the pkg makeup of that is REALLY
going to be, until it is released.
So, we'll probably need "stable", "current", and "opensolaris" separately.