[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs curl, curl_devel, curl_rt

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Feb 16 18:36:38 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 16.02.2010 um 01:27 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>
>> okay
>> a side comment though: remind me why we need to link in ldap, to curl-rt??
>
> So that this works:
>  curl -B "ldap://ldap.frontec.se/o=frontec??sub?mail=*sth.frontec.se/"

yikes. while that's sort-of-useful... in a vague theoretical way...
most sane people will use an actual ldap browsing tool, not "curl",
for this sort of thing.
I'm not sure that adding yet ANOTHER set of depends to curlrt, is
really a good thing. I think the package may be better off without
this support.
Or possibly we could loose-link it and have it as a non-mandatory
dependancy or something?