[csw-pkgsubmissions] alternatives IRC

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 18 14:49:43 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 17.02.2010 um 22:13 schrieb Philip Brown:
> So.. I noticed that in the alternatives package, you had a prototype
> entry for
> /etc/opt/csw/preserve/CSWalternatives (or whatever it was).
>
> it seemed to me as though perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying
> about that directory?
> Perhaps you are preserving state for each separate package under
> there?
>
> I dont think that is a good idea, for cleanup purposes.
>
> The idea I was trying to communicate with my cswpreserveconf
> reference, was that if
> CSWmutt called  alternatives, with some kind of communication, then
> our alternatives sytemcould then store that information under
>
> /etc/opt/csw/preserve/CSWmutt/{???}
>
> that way, if someone called
>
> pkgutil purge mutt
>
> then pkgutil would know to just do
>
> rm -rf /etc/opt/csw/preserve/CSWmutt
>
> without any other package-specific tweaks to it.

Ah, I see. Ok, the classaction scripts have been adjusted to now use
   /etc/opt/csw/preserve/<pkg>/alternatives/<linkgroup>
to preserve manual selection state. I used $PKG for this, there seems
however to be another variable $PKGINST defined which may or may not
better be used, maybe someone can enlighten me of the difference?

The package works very nice for me using automake, tcpwrappers and
mutt and could IMHO be released.