[csw-pkgsubmissions] /newpkgs (current) dnstop, pcp

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 19 00:05:03 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I agree, users of THAT pcp, will look for pcp first, but then others
> of OTHER "pcp" programs will also look for that, and get confused.

What are those other pcp programs? Solaris doesn't have anything and
we don't package anything. I only found Performance Co-Pilot which can
be shortened to PCP. It's an SGI product mainly for Linux. Apparently
it can be built for Solaris. Is that what you're thinking of?

> Woudl you mind doing a little research, and poking around for other
> distributions' packages of pidconport, and comparing their naming
> choices please?

Since this is Solaris specific that was pretty easy - no one else (BW,
SFE, SFW) has it. So nothing to compare with. Except that the author
himself calls it pcp.

> I did a little search for "packges of pcp" already, and got a mess of
> conflicting names and programs, which is why I circled back.

What? Anything we may include?

--
/peter