[csw-pkgsubmissions] nss

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 26 21:31:13 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 26.02.2010 um 19:39 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> wrote:
>> 1. why are we using libexec, for certificate utilities? Is there a
>> significant performance gain, and why do we CARE about performance,
>> for certificate utilities? surely it wont matter unless you are
>> processing thousands a minute, or something? what does that??
>
> This comes in GAR for free, by default, when you build 64-bit
> applications.  Is there a reason to disable it?

Yes. If the application doesn't benefit from 64 bit in terms of
speed or memory it is best practice to not ship 64 bit binaries.
Shipping 64 bit binaries with isaexec can easily be turned of with
   NOISAEXEC = 1
   MERGE_DIRS_isa-extra = $(libdir)

Personally I tend to stick with the default to make full 64 bit.