[csw-pkgsubmissions] argtable

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Feb 26 22:47:34 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM, rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Eh.. lets figure out reasons why it should be added?
>> I'm not saying strictly "no", I'm just saying "lets be clear on why".
>> That way, if those reasons change or become invalid, then we know it's
>> okay to ditch it down the road.
>>

> is there a possibility to find out how many debian or ubuntu packages depend
> on argtable, or which ones?

good suggestion.

Hmm.. I dont know how to find the answer to that.

However, I did stumble upon

http://www.gnu.org/software/autogen/compare.html

oh Good Grief, this is nuts. 9 different "arg parsing libraries". and
that's in just the "free software" space.
(btw, argtable appears to offer nothing of significance, featurewise,
according to the the
comparison page)

If we decide to package something that actually USES this thing, then
I'm okay with adding it in.

Until then, not.
Just say no to clutter.