[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs file, libmagic, py_libmagic

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 8 19:07:59 CEST 2010

No dia 8 de Junho de 2010 17:59, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Maciej Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> * libmagic: new package
>>  Splits off libmagic, and adds Python bindings in py_libmagic.
>>  + file-5.04,REV=2010.06.08-SunOS5.9-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>>  + file-5.04,REV=2010.06.08-SunOS5.9-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>

> This violates our usual principles of "dont collide with names of
> existing system level utils". At least under /opt/csw/bin
>
> You might have been able to make a symlink pointing to it, from /opt/csw/gnu...
> except that /opt/csw/gnu/file is already taken, by GNU file?

Is it really taken?  Our search[1] doesn't find it.  I think this
package is the GNU file.  I could just rename it to
/opt/csw/bin/gfile, following our tradition.  In this batch I'm really
only interested in libmagic and py_libmagic.  If you don't mind
releases these two now, it would be great.  I can provide newer
CSWfile (renamed to gfile) tomorrow.

Maciej

[1] http://www.opencsw.org/search