[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs sqlite3, sqlite3_devel, sqlite3_rt

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 28 19:53:02 CEST 2010

No dia 28 de Junho de 2010 17:32, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Mon Jun 28 12:21:00 -0400 2010:
>
>> > 2. it kicks out errors from /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg
>>
>> /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg is deprecated; only the one kept in the gar
>> source tree is maintained.
>
> This file is provided by CSWcswutils and is the original ksh version.
>
>> Perhaps we should remove /opt/csw/bin/checkpkg?  Or replace it with
>> the new one perhaps?  Thoughts?
>
> Is the python checkpkg stable enough to turn into it's own package
> yet?

I'd say it is.  I haven't been doing any larger changes for quite a
some time now.  It's been extensively tested, all the corner cases
that we came across, are now straightened out.

>  I know you're working on the shared database bits right now, so
> that would require another release at some point, but as long as
> you're no longer adding new checks daily, it may make sense to spin
> off to a separate entity...at which point I'd drop this (old) checkpkg
> from cswutils.  That may be a good choice anyway?

As far as the shared database is concerned, the pile of balls of
crumpled paper next to my desk is still growing.  I still haven't
decided what's the best way of going about it.  It will surely take
time to roll out, somewhere from a month to half a year (assessing it
defensively).