[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs startup_notif

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 8 18:20:13 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>
>> The prior version of startup_notif, was created before our new X11 packages.
>>
>> This version depends on the new packages.
>> Perhaps it belongs under /opt/csw/X11 ?
>
> It makes sense.  There's a problem however.  Dependent binaries, and
> there's lots of them[1], might not have /opt/csw/X11/lib in the RPATH.

But startup_notif requires libs in /opt/csw/X11/lib. So things that
use it, had BETTER have it in the RPATH. and first. Otherwise, "Things
Will Break", down the road.

Alternatively.... rebuild to not require "our" x11 libs, if thats even possible.