[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs mpg321, (...)

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 8 18:25:20 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:

>> your description says:
>>
>> "NAME=mpg321 - A Free replacement for mpg123"
>>
>> Errr... but mpg123 is a sourceforge project. its already free.
> I try to be faithful to the upstream descriptions if possible.

I can certainly understand that.
There are, unfortunately, quite a few cases where the "upstream" is
terrible at documenting its software :-}

Why did you bother packaging this, exactly?
Its not even as though mpg123 is an orphaned or abandoned project. it
was just updated in feb of this year.

In contrast, mpg321 is at a "zero" major rev, and has not been updated
in 9 months.