[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs urxvt

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 11 19:09:02 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Maciej Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Now a brand new build for the brand new Solaris 8.  Linked against OpenCSW X11
>>> libs.
>>>
>>> * urxvt: new package
>>>  + urxvt-9.07,REV=2010.03.10-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>>>  + urxvt-9.07,REV=2010.03.10-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> kewl. although I'm not sure what you mean by "new solaris 8" :-}
>>
>> but anyways,.. waitaminit.. why is this depending on CSWbash? that
>> does not make sense to me.
>
> There is a bash wrapper to work around an issue which crops up on
> Solaris.  You can see the contents of /opt/csw/bin in this package.

What unique features of bash does the wrapper use, that require you to
add in this extra dependancy? It seems like a very short wrapper.
Have you tried just substituting "#!/bin/ksh" for #!/opt/csw/bin/bash ?

at first glance, looks like that would fulfill the requirements just
fine, and eliminate pulling in bash, to run this X11 based program,
without you even having to recode the wrapper otherwise.