[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs librsync

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 16 17:22:05 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> The definition of "most recent" needs some work.  There's an algorithm
> that determines it, and it's not lexical sorting.

Forget "most recent". just remove "all other versions".

> I can implement
> something like this:
>
> "if package foo is sent for release, anything matching foo-* that is
> not what we're currently sending, gets deleted from
> bender:/home/newpkgs"

exactly.
Although of course, users will then have to be careful to commit BOTH
architectures of a package at once, to avoid:

1. submit foo-sparc
2.  (remove all other foo-*)
3. submit foo-i386
4.  (remove all other foo-*, which includes foo-sparc :-)

I was going to suggest "well maybe you should only auto-remove the
same arch", but that then does not properly cleanup issues where a
package is migrated from ARCH=sparc to ARCH=all.
Or vice versa.