[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs magit

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 24 18:03:15 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Mar 24 12:23:42 -0400 2010:
>
>> not an "issue", so much as to say, yes, "registration happens
>> asynchronously" ;-)
>
> Ok.  I thought the 'ack' implied that it was registered _and_ pushed.
> My misunderstanding.

Seems like a bit of information sharing is in order.

Releasing is a COMPLICATED PROCESS. Dont make the mistake of thinking
you understand it based on what I write below: I'm just giving you a
/little/ information here :)

Me sending an "okay" here, means,
"I've at least looked at it, it seems okay, and it is in the pipeline
to be publically pushed".

(aka "it's been put into a release 'batch'")

USUALLY(but not always) this means I've done the typical "update our
website about the latest version of the package". and there is uuslaly
another side effect; once the package is really "in the pipeline", our
front web page picks up the package for its list of "recently released
packages", even though it hasnt technically been publically pushed
yet.

(yeah, I know. It's complicated, like I said. dont bug me :)

lastly, there is an ADDITIONAL registration, for "new" packages. For a
variety of reasons, I do that separately.
There is an unfortunate side effect of that, which means that until I
do that bit, new packages dont have a functional
www.opencsw.org/packages/xxxxxx
page.

So... now you know :)