[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs ncsa_mosaic

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 30 11:48:44 CEST 2010

2010/3/30 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Maciej Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> NCSA Mosaic: Oh, the good old times!
>>
>> * ncsa_mosaic: new package
>>  + ncsa_mosaic-2.7b6,REV=2010.03.26-SunOS5.10-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>>  + ncsa_mosaic-2.7b6,REV=2010.03.26-SunOS5.10-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>>

> Ummm.......  UUUMMMMMMM...
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a reason to justify adding in this
> piece of junk :-}
>
> I would presume it cant even properly render 50% of the websites out
> there, at this point

It won't be this kind of justification.  Mosaic is of historical
value.  If we added, say, an Atari ST emulator, it would be the same
reason.  It's not like anybody would expect it to render web sites
properly, or run gmail in it.  We could add a disclaimer if you think
some crazy person might complain about it.