[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_gd

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon May 17 10:01:43 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 15.05.2010 um 05:18 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Friday, May 14, 2010, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Redo package again. We must depend on OpenCSW X11 or we risc
>> mixed x11.so.4/.6 linking.
>
> and why is that?
> xpm?
> perhaps it is better to rebuild xpm instead?

No, I already build against Sun libxpm and still got the mixed x11.so.
4/so.6
linkage, but didn't looked deeper in it. The reason was that we can't
double
the Perl-installation just for X11. There are three ways to go:

1. Link against OpenCSW X11
2. Link against Sun X11 and do not package stuff that requires
advanced X11
3. Link against Sun X11 and package stuff that requires advanced X11
only for Solaris 10

Initially I wanted to go with 1., but I would also be ok with 3. if
you prefer.