[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_gd

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon May 17 15:08:01 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 17.05.2010 um 10:01 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> Am 15.05.2010 um 05:18 schrieb Philip Brown:
>> On Friday, May 14, 2010, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Redo package again. We must depend on OpenCSW X11 or we risc
>>> mixed x11.so.4/.6 linking.
>>
>> and why is that?
>> xpm?
>> perhaps it is better to rebuild xpm instead?
>
> No, I already build against Sun libxpm and still got the mixed
> x11.so.4/so.6
> linkage, but didn't looked deeper in it. The reason was that we
> can't double
> the Perl-installation just for X11. There are three ways to go:
>
> 1. Link against OpenCSW X11
> 2. Link against Sun X11 and do not package stuff that requires
> advanced X11
> 3. Link against Sun X11 and package stuff that requires advanced X11
> only for Solaris 10
>
> Initially I wanted to go with 1., but I would also be ok with 3. if
> you prefer.

The problem is libgd, which currently binds against OpenCSW X11.
Until that is split into CSWgd and CSWcxgd I cannot do much.
CSWpmgd already depends on CSWxpm which pulls in CSWlibxpm
which pulls in CSWx11, so directly depending on X11 now does
not make the situation worse. I updated the wiki-page to
review CSWgd.