[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libserf

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue May 18 19:02:38 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 18 de Maio de 2010 06:17, THURNER Rupert <rupert at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> * libserf: minor version upgrade
>>  - from: 0.3.1,REV=2010.02.28
>>  -   to: 0.6.1,REV=2010.05.18
>>  + libserf-0.6.1,REV=2010.05.18-SunOS5.9-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>>  + libserf-0.6.1,REV=2010.05.18-SunOS5.9-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>
> I've looked at this package and it seems like
> opt/csw/lib/libserf-0.so.0.0.0 has libapr-1.so.0 as NEEDED, but the
> libserf package doesn't depend on CSWapr (which provides
> libapr-1.so.0).  If this is OK, why is it?

oh. . good question.

the reason, is that my checking, unfortunately associated the libapr
need, as contained in CSWapache2rt.

IN theory, as things stand right now, libserf is okay, since we have
an existing apach2rt that provides "libapr-1.so.0"

when and if the apache2 packages are updated, seems like we need to be
careful just how they are updated.
That is to say, there are a LOT of packages that currently depend on
CSWapache2rt.
So we need to keep providing that. possibly as a dummy package that
just pulls in apr.
Hmm. actually, its complicated. for some reason, apxs is in that
package, when I might think it would belong in a more _devel package?