[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs clamav, libclamav, libclamav_devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Nov 3 18:14:38 CET 2010

On 11/3/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 3 de Novembro de 2010 16:35, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> escreveu:
>> Remind me why there are separate sol9 and sol10 releases please?
>
> Can there be a place in packages themselves to put such messages?  I
> usually write comments in build descriptions to explain why things are
> done the way they are; but I'm unaware of a way to enclose that in
> packages.  Phil, where would you expect such information?

I would love a standard place for this sort of thing, but havent come
up with one yet.
If the information required were shorter, I might suggest some sort of
simple one-liner pkginfo line, but some things probably benefit from a
longer explanation.

a special "i" file?
prototype(4) says that "i" files are "information" files. The question
is, are the names reserved, or can we randomly make up our own?

Empirical experimentation says yes we can. I just created a package with an

i completelyfake

file :-)

So now we just need a standardized name.

i cswreleasemgr

?
The definition/description for this file in our docs would be something like,
"This optional file contains notes for the release manager(and
maintainer) describing why this package has exceptions to normally
expected package behaviour or layout"

Sound good?