[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs openldap, openldap_client, openldap_d(...)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 11 11:18:59 CET 2010

No dia 11 de Novembro de 2010 08:08, Dagobert Michelsen
<dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Am 10.11.2010 um 23:21 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
>>
>> Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote on 03.11.2010 14:07:
>>>
>>> Another idea was to only display Ds and Fs, and display the Os only on
>>> demand, for example:
>>>
>>> checkpkg --display-overrides foo.pkg.gz ...
>>
>> Sounds appropriate. checkpkg's primary purpose is to notify on "policy"
>> violations. Overrides should be an exception and if it's necessary to
>> explicitly display them, the tempation to simply copy n' paste will
>> likely be less.
>>
>> This all presumes that the thrown errors are presented and documented
>> well enough for people to follow the breadcrumbs intuitively on their own.
>
> How about a summarized view like
>
>  <checkpkg-error-tag> ! <present> ! <overridden>
>
> where it can be easily detected if there are errors present not
> overridden and also if there are overrides for non-present errors.

Apart from the error tag, there is also the tag-info part, which makes
error tags more specific.  Each error tag also has the pkgname
attached to it, so the summary would have to contain:

<pkgname> ! <checkpkg-error-tag> ! <tag-info> ! present ! <overriden>

This kind of view might be quite wide and hard to read.  Instead of
tag info, we could show tag counts:

<pkgname> ! <checkpkg-error-tag> ! <tag-count> ! present ! <overriden>

However, that would be not as helpful to maintainers, because tag-info
usually contains critical information, for instance - which file in
particular is affected here?  That's why I think displaying tag-info
is important.

It would be easier to discuss this if we had concrete examples to look
at.  Next time I work with checkpkg I'll see if I can improve the way
errors are displayed.

If anyone wants to have a go at tweaking the templates, the three main
ones are defined around line 72 of the checkpkg.py file:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/checkpkg.py#L72

I'll be also happy to answer any questions about modifying checkpkg
sources, even if the questions are along the lines of "how do I get
started with this?"

Maciej