[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_textglob, pm_textwikifmt, pm_textw(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Nov 11 21:48:46 CET 2010

On 11/11/10, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 11.11.2010 um 19:45 schrieb Philip Brown:
>> Would you please draw up a specific plan/ascii doc/whatever,
>> identifying
>> "These packages are going to be name-sanitized"
>
> The good thing is if you just release the packages and the empty stubs
> everything will work as expected for us and the users. The removal is
> just for beauty and not really needed.

your renaming can also be considered "just for beauty and not really needed" :)

I'm not okay with leaving in these transition packages indefinately.
They need to have a finite lifetime. See below.

Additionally, we need specific tracking of which of our applications
need to have their dependancies changed. Having a specific retirement
date on the empty packages helps with that too.

> Everything else requires acceptance of
>    http://wiki.opencsw.org/releases-and-staging
> first as we need tagged releases to allow for clean renames.

I dont see how that is "needed" to have clean renames.