[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_cryptpasswdmd5, pm_passwdunix, pm_(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Oct 2 18:18:57 CEST 2010

On Saturday, October 2, 2010, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Can't you run your collision thingy on the whole catalog and we will
> start a project to fix all of these problems? This instance was a new
> mistake but we've had lurking collisions out there before and I'm sure
> there are more of them.

unfortunately,

- the mechanisms aren't set up to make that sort of thing easy
- there are indeed many more, if I recall :(

any such project should, in my opinion, do a fresh full audit of the
pkgmap files in our repository. the mechanisms I use may miss
something.

if someone were to commit to doing (X) number of collision-resolving
takeover rebuilds, (where X>=5) I would be willing to put in the
effort to extract details from the existing database on needed
packages for them