[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs bar

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Apr 28 22:29:18 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> that, is a very confusingly named file.
>> old version of package does not have such a thing. of any name.
>>
>> Maybe its better to just stick to shoving some sample barrc in
>> /opt/csw/share/doc/bar
>
> Why? The template is very useful, you just have to uncomment stuff.

Isnt it fair to say, that a majority of people, are NOT going to
bother uncommenting stuff?
Isnt it also fair to say, that they will have no idea of looking at
/etc/opt/csw/clpbarrc
(rather than /etc/opt/csw/barrc. If they even realize there's an "rc" at all)
without going and reading docs?

Its my opinion, that it is better *not* to clutter up /etc directories
with files that will most likely never be used. It gets in the way of
people seeing what actually *is* being used.

Does that sound reasonable?