[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libffi5, libffi_dev

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 6 23:14:07 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Maciej Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> A takover from Mike Watters.
>
> Adds a patch (already pushed upstream[1]) which will probably allow to build
> the _ctypes Python module on i386.
>
> There are two renames in this release:
>
> - libffi is renamed to libffi5

Thanks for the heads up on that.

> - libffidevel is renamed to libffi_dev

erm... I asked Dagobert about this a few days ago for one of his
packages,(well, its actually relevant to TWO, but I only asked on one
of them) but no reply.

Would you please remind me where and when it was agreed upon to start
naming things "dev" instead of "devel"?

_devel has been our defacto standard for a long time.
we have 4 packages with _dev. but over 100 with _devel.