[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 10 01:38:57 CET 2011

* Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, fully (not probably) aware, that's what the Solaris 9 clarification
> > mail was for. Add other common TERMs (like rxvt or screen where we
> > worked around it in a lengthy bug discussion) into the mix and the issue
> > also applies Solaris 10.
>
> I recognize your point of "[other, newer TERM types arent handled well
> by native solaris]".
> That being said, we could (and probably *should*) handle that sort of
> thing better at the individual package level.
> For example, rxvt could ship terminfo entries for itself.

Can you explain how that would address users SSH'ing from another box
where TERM=rxvt into a Solaris system whose native curses lib (or
terminfo for that matter) and thereby all apps linked against it -
including ours - don't know a thing about TERM=rxvt?

Also, you didn't care to answer my question on your objection reasons
for an easy dependency on CSWncurses (which I perceive as a rather
disturbing behavior of yours in general, i.e. picking out subsections of
an email which you decide to reply to while avoiding other parts).

Sebastian