[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 10 23:31:45 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Feb 09 00:24:13 -0500 2011:
>
>> I reserve the right to move things to my own liking, if I run into
>> difficulties with it.
>
> And I reserve the right to 'yell' at you if you do.

it's broken.
 I could "yell" at you for telling me it was so easy and all I had to
do was do that make command, when it Doesnt Work Right.

it creates "dialog-minimal", instead of "dialog_minimal".

I even attempted to glance through the Makefile, to see if there was
an obvious way to fix this.
But there isnt.
Everything is "CSWdialog-minimal", with no bare "dialog-minimal" that I can see.

Again, **this is exactly why I hate gar**. Whenver problems come up,
there is no obvious way to fix them.
You have to be intimately familar with "gar language", instead of Make itself.
Whereas with my way, everything that you might need to tweak, is right
there in the Makefile itself.
One file = easy debugging and easy fixes.

I'll give you a day to fix it, Ben, if you wish.
Otherwise: I gave it a shot. i even tried to "fix it" in gar.
GAR FAIL.

so tomorrow I'll redo it my way, if nothing else presents itself.