[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 11 20:07:54 CET 2011

* Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
> > It has now been firmly established that "in reality",  I properly
> > reported what I was seeing.
> > (and that there is a loophole or two in GAR that needs to be fixed.
> > But that's a separate topic).
>
> That's one way of looking at it, another is that it's common practice
> to make sure the local repo is up to date.

In an attempt to direct energy to worthwile efforts:

The underlying issue is a self-enhancing GAR aversion which naturally
undermines the learning effort that would be necessary. If I don't want
to deal with a tool, every minor quirk of it only confirms my aversion.

As this can't be fixed easily, people here might as well turn their
attention to one of the multitude of other issues that are pending.
Fighting this out here is IMHO - at least for now - wasted energy.

Sebastian

P.S.: Thanks for keeping the GAR tree pristine, Ben. Just the other day,
I spoke to a colleague who was rather irritated by the non-GAR builds in
the GAR tree.