[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs mailscanner

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sat Feb 12 21:25:56 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hmmm. theres a boatload of /usr/local refereces Some are potentially
> harmless, but some may be more important.
>
> For example,
> Sophos.install.solaris
>
> On the one hand, it might not really be neccesary if you provide your
> own install script for users.
> But if it isnt neccessary, how about just excluding it from the package?
>
> There are also a lot of config files, that you have put into template
> style as  xxxxx.CSW
> As such, shouldnt you remove or rewrite the /usr/local references in them?
>
> (I do note that you have not made them auto-installed with a class
> action script, so maybe it isnt super-critical. But seems like
>  it certainly would be more helpful for our users, to not have to do
> the most likely search-and-replace themselves?)

I've made sure over several years that this package installs smoothly
with out other related software like perl, spamassassin, dcc and
clamav, all paths use /opt/csw paths by default. The /usr/local
references are harmless since they refer to commercial software we
will never carry and that actually install in that path since the
authors of MailScanner have chosen default paths that actually match
default paths for that scanner.

Changing or removing those paths/files that have those paths would
make the package considerably worse for users who opt for one or more
commercial scanners to complement ClamAV which is very common.

/peter