[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cyrus_imapd, cyrus_imapd_utils, pm_cyrus

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 15 23:36:45 CET 2011

2011/2/14 Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:
> Yes, I didn't know it was yet mandatory and I postponed the resolution of
> this conflict (which is there since the beginning).
>
> What is the usual or recommanded way to fix this ?
> I would prefer if possible to avoid renaming the binary, I already did it
> for some tools and the master process but I don't like to introduce too many
> differences with upstream.

There's only one way: either cyrus, or courier, has to either rename, or move.

Oh wait.. there's ANOTHER imapd. sigh.
CSWimap, which is the "UW" imapd.

Our search page says:

/opt/csw/bin/imapd
/opt/csw/libexec/cyrus/imapd
/opt/csw/sbin/imapd

Yuck!!!

I think we probably should move the non-cyrus ones to
/opt/csw/libexec/[prog]/imapd.
That's a nice standard.

Then there's the issue of what we do about man-pages.
That one's stickier.
Maybe rename each to be  [prog]_imapd.8  ?

eg: cyrus_imapd.8 ?

It's an interesting point, that you didnt, strictly speaking, rename
the binary. you only "moved" it.
It would technically be a little cleaner, if you did truely "rename"
it, so we had

/opt/csw/sbin/[prog]_imapd

then we could have the manpages match the program name.
That would take cooperation between all the maintainers.

Who are:

You
[Retired], for courier imap
[Different-retired], for UW imap.

drat. that makes things more challenging.
We might best bring this up on the main mailing list.