[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gnuplot

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Jan 5 21:03:04 CET 2011

On 1/5/11, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 05.01.2011 um 19:16 schrieb Philip Brown:
>> Hmmm. well obviously the binaries differ :)
>> Other than that, looks like emacs,
>
> No, because it libexecs.
>
>> and.... what is "gih"???
>
> Documentation, once with more infos because of wxwidgets.

Hm. well, I dont see a problem with providing more information than
one might necessarily be able to use. In other words, if you wanted to
separate out docs, I think you could reasonably provide
- a wxwidgets gnuplot binary packge
- a non-x gnuplot binary package
- a single gnuplot_doc package, that had full documentation, derived
from the wxwidget build.

>> maybe you want to look at how debian does it?
>
> Debian has a version without x and one with x11. My version is with
> X11 (like your current version) and with wx-widgets and pango. This
> is different as both of my versions are with x11. I could also do
> an additional version without x11.

That sounds to me like it would be the best way to do it, as long as
both packages could peacefully coexist on the same system.
And also that a regular user with /opt/csw/bin in their path, can
choose which version to run, based on typing the name of their choice.
I dont think its important whether its a binary choice (gnuplot vs
gnuplot_x11),or (gnuplot vs gnuplot_nox)
 or a trinary choice (gnuplot_x11, gnuplot_nox, gnuplot->alternatives)
Pick one and we can move forward.

Are we agreed?