[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_fontafm

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 9 00:17:11 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> Seems to have some kind of font path set somewhere to be
>> "/usr/lib/afm:/usr/local/lib/afm:/usr/openwin/lib/fonts/afm/:.";
>>
>> That seems to be not good.
>
> That's a default path, the one to be used is meant to be picked up by
> an environment variable METRICS.
>
> If we're supposed to change this, please come up with some other font
> path to use.

well, I dont know what kind of catalog the module expects. but doing a
quickie look through our files, seems we have afm files in both
/opt/csw/share/ghostscript/fonts
and
/opt/csw/share/libwmf/fonts

(I'm not happy about this, and attempted to get the respective
maintainers to work something out together, but unfortunately, nothing
came of it)

So, please use your knowledge of the perl module, to figure out if we
can use one, or both, of those paths, at the front of
"/opt/csw/share/libwmf/fonts:."

I dont think solaris uses /usr/lib/afm, so no point in keeipng that.
you might want to keep in the /usr/local/lib/afm after /usr/openwin.