[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs x3270

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 10 12:47:22 CET 2011

Hi Phil,

Am 07.01.2011 um 20:36 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> This is a complete rework of libicu. The current maintainer (James)
>> has given his ok to this update.
>>
>> The legacy *.so.36 which was in use by tin and x3270 has been deprecated
>> and both CSWtin and CSWx3270 have been renewed to the latest standards.
>
> interestingly.. my checkpkg does not detect x3270 using libicu at all...
> mistake?

Nope, from the Release Notes:

  included with the code.</li>

> It also complains about a metric ton of /usr/local references, in
> manpage and .html files

This may be. I just rebuilt it to renew the dependency to libuci and
drop the old lib. Unfortunately I can't test it as I don't have access
to a mainframe or something and I alreada spent much more porting
time than I had intended for a courtesy update :-/
As you see from the release notes there have been lots of changes to
the software and the previous package had several tweaks which I needed
to check.