[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cswutils

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 12 18:52:20 CET 2011

No dia 12 de Janeiro de 2011 17:45, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> okay thanks.
>
> I will reiterate an earlier request: it would be really nice to split
> out the python stuff into a separate package.
> originally, cswutils was a nice simple set of scripts, with only two
> dependencies; fakeroot and cswcommon. both tiny. Now its a huge
> boatanchor of python deps.

If the package is 'cswutils', it means that it contains the complete
set of cswutils, which needs to include the python ones.  If there is
a use case for a subset of these tools, and the tools happen to not
need Python dependencies, we could split them out into a
cswutils_minimal, or cswutils_${usecase} package.  What do you think
about that idea?