[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cswutils

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 12 19:37:23 CET 2011

No dia 12 de Janeiro de 2011 18:26, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On 1/12/11, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> waitaminit... the things you reference, arent even really IN cswutils.
>>
>> Or at least, they're not under pkgs/cswutils.
>> If we're talking about repackaging, and splits.. this really should be
>> cleaned up.
>>
>> Makefile says,
>>
>> # these are pulled from gar/lib/python
>>
>> not nice.
>

> Also not nice:  there are 6 different versions of them floating around?!!
>
> $ find . -name 'submitpkg'
> ./v2-uwatch2/bin/submitpkg
> ./v2-noexternals/bin/submitpkg
> ./v2-bwalton/bin/submitpkg
> ./v2-sqlite/bin/submitpkg
> ./v2/bin/submitpkg
> ./v2-fortran/bin/submitpkg
>

> Let's clean up this mess, please?

Please do not use loaded language such as 'mess' without understanding
the workflow.

The reason why you see different versions of the same file is because
you're looking at a number of branches of gar code, with which
submitpkg shares the code repository.  The package build downloads
files from a specific place in a specific subversion repository, and
that place is one specific branch in subversion, namely v2.

If you have a specific workflow/code reorganization in mind, please describe it.