[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs perl, perldoc

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 25 04:24:19 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Mon Jan 24 13:03:28 -0500 2011:

> For reference, both Red Hat and Debian leaves these paths as is.

Ok, while I don't think this is a blocking issue for a package that
already exists with this exact same file content, I do think it's
worth looking at.

It's a header file that other things could potentially include during
a binary module build.  I went to look at it as I was curious about
how a reference to usr/local in a .h file _wasn't_ breaking things.

The u in uconfig.h is for micro.  This header file is used _only_ when
-DPERL_MICRO is set.  No file in the source tree for perl sets this
and the only place I found that did is Makefile.micro.  This is a
special version of perl and we don't use or ship it in this
configuration at all.

A site would need to go out of it's way to be affected by this header
file, at which point they deserve what they get. :)

The only other reference I see to usr/local is in config.h but that's
inside a comment.

Phil: Good enough?

Peter: It might be worth adding this to the 'i releasemanager'[1] (or
whatever we chose for that) in the next release so we don't need to
dig up this info again.

Thanks
-Ben

[1] Do we have GAR support for this?  I've not used it in any way yet
    so I haven't looked.
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS