[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cswutils

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 26 15:04:13 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Wed Jan 26 04:01:49 -0500 2011:

> first.  For it to be released, it would have to be accepted and
> pushed by release manager.  Imagine a scenario in which we want to
> push a bugfix for GAR, and the release manager blocks the release,
> because he thought it would be neat to force gar package maintainter
> to do unrelated work.  It's more practical for people to update gar
> sources

While it is frustrating when packages are blocked for what appear to
be odd reasons at times, I don't think it's fair to say "because he
thought it would be neat."

Overall, though, I think that for GAR to be a useful as a package, it
must be excluded from the standard norms for installation on the
buildfarm.

Thanks
-Ben
--