[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libpango_devel_stub, libpango_doc_stu(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jun 10 17:01:30 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,

*wave*

>> for reference, debian includes pango-view and the other,  in "dev".
>> So seems like skipping the plain "pango" would be good.
>
> I thought about naming it "libpango", but decided against it for the following
> reasons:
>
> - The existing package already has the name CSWpango (although with catalogname libpango)
> - The upstream software name is "pango"
> - The binaries you already noticed. At least pango-querymodules can not be moved
>  to *-dev because it needs to be run every time a plugin is added to register it
>  in pango.modules, at least once on postinstall.

How does debian make it work then? debian has it in _dev

> - A library split would be really difficult and as there are lots of other things to do
>  I decided there are more important things than this split.

In that case, I think it would be more appropriate to keep the naming
exactly as it is in the currently released package.
If doing the split "right" is too much trouble at the moment, then
lets not do any splitting/renaming  at all?

(why are you rebuilding at all, btw? is something actually requiring
1.28.4 over 1.28.0 ?)

> Do you still think I should rename?
>
> If yes, that would then be
> - CSWpango -> CSWlibpango1-0