[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs augeas

Mark Phillips markp at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 27 12:40:20 CEST 2011

On 27 Jun 2011, at 03:15, Philip Brown wrote:

> fine with me, as far as those go. But I have some other questions for you.
> You sound like you are at least passingly familiar with augeas
> yourself, so hopefully you can provide some informed insight here.

> There are a lot of /usr/share references.
> Most of them are in the "test" subdirs, so could be considered
> non-critical. But what do you think about cleaning up the references
> in the manpages?
> and also, what is the purpose of the "dist" subtree? Is it actually
> functional?
> I'm wondering, because of files like
> /opt/csw/share/augeas/lenses/dist/sudoers.aug
> which references things like /usr/local/etc/sudoers, and /etc/sudoers,
> but does NOT have a corresponding /opt/csw/etc/sudoers ?

Hi Phil,

Not a problem with the questions. Augeas has 'lenses', views basically, on
files on the filesystem. Those lenses are the aug files. Essentially they
provide a framework that describes the contents of those files - there are lots
of assume default locations for these files, hence the content warnings (and me
deciding to add ignores for them, blanketly - rather like Puppet in that
respect).

You do raise a good point about not looking for sudoers in our standard
location actually - and I think I'll do a patch to remedy that.

Please, therefore, ignore this release request and I'll sort a patch for at
least sudoers location and do another cut.

> Additionally, and possibly not coincidentally, there is indication
> that your package stuff was not actually committed into subversion?
>
> OPENCSW_REPOSITORY=https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/augeas/trunk@UNCOMMITTED

Hmm, should all be there. My checkout is committed...

current10x:augeas$ svn info | grep URL
current10x:augeas$ svn st
X       trunk/gar

Performing status on external item at 'trunk/gar'

It was probably the case that the roll that's sitting in experimental hadn't
yet been committed - I tend to svn commit after I've rolled the package and
installed it, testing that it at least installs properly. When I'm confident it
does, it then gets committed.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--Mark