[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs graphviz, graphviz2, graphvizdevel, g(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jun 30 01:53:12 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM, John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 06/29/2011 07:21 PM, Philip Brown wrote:
>
>> This bloated conglomeration is holding up enough things. At this
>> point, I would suggest that we simply temporarily remove pstoedit*
>> from the catalog and archive, and push the rest.
>> In theory, people who have the package already installed, will not
>> suffer any ill effects.
>> The only negative is that people who want to install it ,will not be
>> able to, until the new packages are cleanly added.

> OK with me, but I wonder if upgrading to the new graphviz+imagemagick won't
> actually break existing pstoedit installations?

oops. you are right I forgot about that.
I was thinking only if they try to do an update specifically of
pstoedit. but if they did a general update, that would break an
existing pstoedit installation. drat.

> I do think it would be easier for Peter to rework pstoedit if he didn't have
> to release it with graphviz.

well I dont know that he "has to". thats his call. but the problem is
only a minor change to fix. no recompilation required.