[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_algorithm_checkdigits, pm_algorith(...)

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 9 00:00:15 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:53 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> There's no actual renames. The whole point with the obsolete idea is
> that the old package becomes a stub depending on the new one. Sooner
> or later we can remove the old one.
>
> So all you have to do is to treat half the packages as updates and
> half as new. No renames.

Or actually, a few of the old, now stubs, had to have the catalogname
changed because the new package needed it, like for example pm_dbi so
I renamed the old one to pm_dbi2 but the package names are still not
renamed. Usually the catalogname didn't clash because we now stick
underscores in as separators but for one word modules that doesn't
separate them.

Example, normal obsolete:

CSWpmfoobar/pm_foobar becomes CSWpm-foo-bar/pm_foo_bar. Old names are
now stubs depending on new names which have the actual content.

Example, forced rename of catalogname due to single word:

CSWfoo/pm_foo becomes CSWpm-foo/pm_foo. Since new catalogname is same
as old the old has a "2" added to it to make it unique.

/peter