[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_algorithm_checkdigits, pm_algorith(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Mar 9 21:06:22 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Or actually, a few of the old, now stubs, had to have the catalogname
> changed because the new package needed it, like for example pm_dbi so
> I renamed the old one to pm_dbi2 but the package names are still not
> renamed. Usually the catalogname didn't clash because we now stick
> underscores in as separators but for one word modules that doesn't
> separate them.
>
> Example, normal obsolete:
>
> CSWpmfoobar/pm_foobar becomes CSWpm-foo-bar/pm_foo_bar. Old names are
> now stubs depending on new names which have the actual content.
>
> Example, forced rename of catalogname due to single word:
>
> CSWfoo/pm_foo becomes CSWpm-foo/pm_foo. Since new catalogname is same
> as old the old has a "2" added to it to make it unique.

ERRRR... this sounds like a bad idea.
We're cleaning up catalog names, yet the same effort is making
PKGnames  messier, in the sense that we are now making catalog name
and PKGname be out of sync?
I thought we were supposed to be moving to have things more IN sync,
not away from it?

Maybe we need to come up with a better transition plan?