[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_algorithm_checkdigits, pm_algorith(...)

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 9 21:46:49 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> Would one of you gents please give me a specific example of this?
> Hopefuly, that will help me understand it better, and so not worry
> about it.

I thought I did but here we go again:

Normally the CPAN modules have two or three words, example
Geo::IP::PurePerl, in this case it's no problem, here's the old names:

CSWpmgeoippureperl / pm_geoippureperl

They stay exactly the same but now have no content and depend on the new names:

CSWpm-geo-ip-pureperl / pm_geo_ip_pureperl

No clashes there. The problem is with one word CPAN modules like DBI. Old names:

CSWpmdbi / pm_dbi

New names here would be CSWpm-dbi / pm_dbi. Package name is ok since
we add a hyphen but catalogname will be the same, hence my creative
adding of a "2".

I remember we have used "_stub" before. We could also use "_obsolete".
Note that this doesn't affect the dependencies since the package names
are all intact, it's only very few catalognames that need to be
"fixed" and all of those old packages will go away soon anyway.

To me this is not important but if it's "very important" that these
2's become, e.g., pm_dbi_stub instead I could respin those, it's just
3-4 packages anyway.

/peter