[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs puppet, puppetmaster

Mark Phillips markp at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 13 21:41:34 CET 2011

I've had to do some oddities to make this work to CSW path standards. Puppet
enforces /var/lib/puppet and /etc/puppet as real paths, and not symlinks. This
means if we symlink to /etc/opt/csw/puppet and /var/opt/csw/puppet they'll
simply get trounced on as soon as the daemon(s) run up. It also completely
ignores our attempts to put our paths in as defaults. To this end, I've HAD
to create /etc/puppet - but in it contains an example puppet.conf designed to
make the daemon run in CSW paths. Also present in that directory is a
README.CSW pointing out how to use CSW paths.

Most large organisations I know of using Puppet choose to work in the default
[puppetlabs] path space though, to achieve cross platform similarities with
Linux.

I feel this cut of the packages sticks to our goals, but allows users to work
to their own, and the community defaults, with ease.

* puppet: major version upgrade
  - from: 0.25.4,REV=2010.02.17
  -   to: 2.6.6,REV=2011.03.13
  + puppet-2.6.6,REV=2011.03.13-SunOS5.9-all-CSW.pkg.gz

* puppetmaster: new package
  + puppetmaster-2.6.6,REV=2011.03.13-SunOS5.9-all-CSW.pkg.gz

--
Generated by submitpkg