[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs bar

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed May 4 19:19:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 29.04.2011 um 17:21 schrieb Philip Brown:
>
>> You didnt really answer my questions. Let me simplify and repeat:
>> what percentage of bar users, do you think will actually WANT to
>> modify the rc file?
>
> I don't know.
>
>> And there is a related question: is the rc file most likely to be
>> host-specific, or site-wide specific?
>
> I don't know either.
>
> If in doubt, provide the file in the default location.

seems like you did not bother to actually examine the file, and are
just packaging "on autopilot".
This is not a good thing.

I have taken the extra time and hassle, to look at the file myself.
Its contents are trivial. purely cosmetic.
example:

# twiddle-background: normal
# twiddle-bold: no

I would like to ask you revert to the prior maintainer's wisdom,
remove it from /etc/opt/csw and put it in /opt/csw/share/doc/bar as
merely an example

Clutter in /etc is a bug, not a feature.