[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gpg_error, libgpg_error0, libgpg_erro(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri May 6 19:37:13 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri May 06 10:13:54 -0400 2011:
>
>> for "inherited gar" recipies.. .wouldnt the catalog name already be
>> set specifically in the old recipe?
>
> Or we could just have the script fixed.

it's your opinion that the registration process needs to be "fixed". I
have a different opinion;
that the current behaviour of gar and stubs is what is broken, and
needing fixing.

One thing to consider, is the state of "all packages" archives. Their
purpose is to allow people to go and *manually* download files.

In that situation, it is clearer to the manual chooser, if the
filenames of "stub" files, closely match files that have been
obsoleted.

When they see alignment of

soft_ware-1.2.3
soft_ware_stub-1.2.3

it makes it clearer that "software-xxxx" has now been stubbed out.

Also consider where someone is doing a search for some package they remember.

If they do   "pkg-get -D soft_ware", and it has been removed via stub...
soft_ware_stub will show up in the search, giving them a hint about
what has happened.

"software_stub" will NOT show up in the search, however.