[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs git, git_completion, git_cvs, git_dev(...)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun May 15 18:02:23 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri May 06 01:15:35 -0400 2011:

> you and dagobert have been now churning out a pile of these misnamed
> stubs (okay, mostly Dagobert :).

> I let a few go by, as a good will gesture, along with a warning,
> "hey, this needs to be fixed for next set of packages".  they havent
> been fixed for next set.  so I'm not going to accept them misnamed
> any more.

This is not a QA issue, it is simply a "my tool doesn't handle this
case nicely issue."[1] You are blocking things based on non-policy
issues.  There is no policy indicating that stub packages must have
catalog name matching the old one with _stub appended.

As these packages pass all checkpkg tests, I don't see why they're not
released...?

Thanks
-Ben

[1] If you think that searching the catalog with pkg-get is a valid
    enough use case, please put this forward through proper channels.
    I don't personally hold that opinion as shorter stem works fine
    and pkgutil handles this nicely anyway.  It's not something that
    can be imposed at your discretion at release time.
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS