[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs git, git_completion, git_cvs, git_dev(...)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon May 16 03:40:27 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun May 15 15:57:17 -0400 2011:

> disagree on what policy should be.  You dont think it should be a
> policy, I think it should be.

Correct.

> So, since we dont seem to be headed towards an agreement on this,
> please start a policy vote on it.

No.  I'll run a vote on it, but I'm not doing the leg work for you
since I don't think it's a required policy.

> technically speaking, there is no policy on naming of stub packages
> at all.  This is an oversight that needs to be fixed.

Please feel free to put something forward.  In the meantime, you have
no reason to block packages based on your personal preferences.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton